Life Insurance & Accident, Death & Dismemberment
Group Life and AD&D insurance products are available through Shear Benefits. A Variety of products offer guarantee issue to employees. Supplemental Life plans allow employees to purchase additional life insurance with liberal medical underwriting. The AD&D benefit pays upon any accidental death or dismemberment. Dependent Life covering spouse and children is available as an option.
Our life insurance products consist of:
Group Life and AD&D
Payroll Deduction Permanent Life
Voluntary Group Term Life
Group Universal Life
Understanding the different types of insurance policies
Group Life Insurance
- Group life insurance is a type of life insurance in which a single contract covers an entire group of people. Typically, the policyowner is an employer or an entity such as a labor organization, and the policy covers the employees or members of the group.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- In insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) is a policy that pays benefits to the beneficiary if the cause of death is an accident. This is a limited form of life insurance which is generally less expensive.
Dependent Life Insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance can provide financial security for your beneficiaries in the event of your terminal illness or death. The Dependent Life Insurance Plan is a voluntary, employee-paid group term life insuranceplan in which you can elect coverage for your eligible dependents.
Payroll Deduction Permanent Life Insurance
- Permanent life insurance is easy to add to a benefits program and complements any employer-paid term life insurance already offered as a benefit. … Like traditional group insurance products, employees can pay premiums through convenient payroll deduction.
Voluntary Group Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary life insurance is a financial protection plan that provides a cash benefit to a beneficiary upon the death of the insured. Voluntary life insurance is an optional benefit offered by employers. The employee pays a monthly premium in exchange for the insurer’s guarantee of payment upon the insured’s death.
Travel Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Travel Accidental Death & Dismemberment plans are similar to a life insurance policy, in that you would name a beneficiary upon purchasing your travel insurance. That person would receive the benefit in the event of your death or dismembering injury while you are traveling.
Group Universal Life Insurance
- A group universal life policy is universal life insurance offered to a group that is less expensive than what is typically offered to an individual. A group universal lifepolicy is most commonly purchased by businesses looking to provide life insurancecoverage for their employees.
Let us be the benefits department for your organization.
We are your advocate in dealing with day-to-day issues. Our support and service to you and your employees and their family members is what separates us from other, average insurance brokers. We will service each employee, with all his or her insurance related questions, and we will provide you, the company, with comprehensive benefits administration and support.